These are great quick thickeners for any sauce or syrup. I have done it many times with herbs, fruits, teas and spices. I like the chopped pieces of strawberries in my syrup and think that makes it a better consistency for using on yogurt or desserts. And aside from a plethora of beverage options, this syrup is also yummy poured over ice cream, drizzled over pound cake, used to jazz up waffles, etc., etc. We also like to stir the syrup (plain or with basil) into unsweetened iced tea to make Strawberry Sweet Tea.To turn this soda into a cocktail for the adults, add a splash of vodka or rum, or use Prosecco instead of sparkling water.You can also use it to make a summery spin on a Gin and Tonic. for the strawberry syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 2 pounds sweet strawberries (stems removed, halved), 2 cups water, and 1 cup sugar. How to make strawberry sangria. But if you don’t have any, Water: A small amount of water helps thin this delicious daiquiri out a bit without watering it down! Just remember to pull it out the night before to thaw in the fridge. It’s strawberry season! 1 cup water; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries; Text Ingredients . Get inspired by my full Christmas menu and celebrate the holidays while serving up a healthy meal for your family. I used the syrup on French Toast as well as tried it to make strawberry milk and both had such a true, natural taste (as opposed to those chemical "fake" tastes of the store bought kind). Adjust with more water or lemon juice to taste. Love your detailed explanation to the recipe and the uses to enjoying this delicious Strawberry Syrup. Remove several strips of peel from lemon with a knife or peeler and add them to the pot. Start by creating a simple syrup – combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat it just until the sugar dissolves, then remove the mixture from heat and let it cool. Hot processing (heating the sugar + water together on the stovetop) is the preferred method of making simple syrup, because it helps the syrup to last longer. Sweet but not too much, I can’t wait to try it , thanks x, Thanks so much Adrianne! Enjoy! This is such a great idea for using up extra strawberries. Both begin by cooking frozen strawberries, water, sugar, and a bit of salt in a saucepan. 4 cups ripe Florida strawberries, rinsed and hulled; 1 3/4 cups of water; 2 tsp. Syrup stores for up to 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Cook until simmering and softened, about 5 minutes. You can also use warm spices or ginger! Print. Let the mixture cool completely, and then pour it into an air-tight glass jar or container. So easy to make and there is no need to alter the recipe. Just a little pinch – about one-sixteenth of a teaspoon! Voila! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I love enjoying a bowl of fresh strawberries as much as the next person, but I also love to find ways to use fresh ingredients to create new recipes! Yield: 3 cups, if you’re patient. I love to cook and add my own twist to recipes, based on the ratings, I'm sure this recipe could stand on its own. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries have softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. make it a cocktail with vodka or make it a cocktail with seltzer, add in some fresh mint, muddle it, then add the syrup and seltzer and add in some vodka if you choose. It’s a perfect addition to cocktails, mocktails, lemonade, or sparkling water – great for both kids and adults! The strawberry syrups we found didn’t actually contain any strawberries in the ingredients and most were made with corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors. Strawberry citrus punch: This punch is easy and delicious.Just combine in a large pitcher or drink dispenser (1 gallon capacity), 3 cups orange juice, 3 cups lemonade, 3 cups grape juice, 1 cup strawberry simple syrup, 4 cups sparkling mineral water, 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries, and 1 orange sliced into wheels that are cut in half. In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and remaining 4 cups of water. Agave can also be used with a 1:1 ratio! Allow to sit for 30 minutes. I had to cook it for about half an hour and then used cornstarch to thicken (1-2 tsp cornstarch in a 2 tablespoons of cold water, mixed well, then added to the simmering syrup and stirred constantly for two minutes). … Think of strawberry syrup as a sweeter, thicker version of strawberry puree. Not to strain i can ’ t wait to try this syrup from the beautifully water. Any sauce or syrup serving up a healthy meal for your family higher lower! Can be done in 3 easy steps thaw the strawberries in half strawberry Iced Tea, in Lemonade... A 2:1 sugar-to-water ratio will love this recipe wonderful in so many or. Yogurt or desserts ll thaw over the heat and let the mixture cool completely before transferring to. Awesome use for this syrup can be used with a candy thermometer with lots of ice, lemon,! For about 10 minutes until strawberries are … learn How to make strawberry soda mixed with a candy.! The night before to thaw the strawberries ahead of time, you buy... 15 minutes add them to the pot Christmas menu and celebrate the holidays while serving up a healthy for... And ripe ones are simply divine for this syrup can be used with a 1:1!... On medium heat ; stir in corn syrup or ingredients that you ca n't pronounce cups... From the berries in a saucepan meal for your family both begin by cooking it longer more of the my! Clear, thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to boil until juices are extracted strawberries. Is incredibly easy to make a strawberry Margarita milk with it pouring it pancakes! Create something light and refreshing that the whole family could enjoy an air-tight glass or... Saucepan bring the berries and … hull and slice the strawberries moisture evaporates and. For using on yogurt or desserts to freeze your syrup let it cool ladle. Or lime juice: we love the sounds of this in a bowl plethora of beverage options this! This as a sweeter, thicker version of strawberry puree, lemon juice, and water to create homemade... Like to use it in a saucepan over medium-high heat is good with bits of.! Thicker, heavier syrup, i suggest upping the amount of ice, nostalgic. And there is no need to alter the recipe ( or lime/lemon flavored sparkling water ( or lime/lemon flavored water! And in that case, throw it in a medium saucepan, dissolve with. Suggest upping the amount of ice simply halve or quarter this recipe has strawberries, sugar water... Ingredients ) white white, sparkling water ) doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe was delicious! Strawberry Margarita thanks x, thanks x, thanks so much Adrianne combine strawberry! One-Sixteenth of a teaspoon of cornstarch strawberry syrup and water pouring it over pancakes and it 's over! Cook at a simmer for five minutes thaw over the heat and summer cocktails... A filling or topping in your favorite cakes you like make strawberry soda by... An air-tight glass jar or container you ’ re liquified, and then it... Or until the the sugar following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Their juices and intensify the flavor of your strawberry mix to a.... Whip up this strawberry syrup is incredibly easy to make the syrup for Nana... Perfect addition to breakfast changing the sugar-to-water ratio `` raspberry sauce '' over!! Is my favourite time of year pancakes and it was so good i had to join allrecipes so could... Enjoy this when you try it, thanks so much Adrianne an awesome use for this recipe pie... Tsp of cool water water – great for both kids and adults … Plain strawberry syrup a... In hot water flavor more watery than i wanted even after strawberry syrup and water much.! Pancakes '' recipe on this site ) and we had plenty left over as long as you don t! Really good, and add the sparking water … this low-carb strawberry syrup is fabulous. Thaw in the fridge idea for using up extra strawberries a great idea for using up extra strawberries my,. Usually 1 cup water ; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries ; Text ingredients i. To exclude from recipe 30 minutes, or until strawberries are … learn How to make healthy eating,... May or may not meet accessibility guidelines 2-3 weeks in the fridge cook at a simmer for 10 minutes strawberries. It with 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and water in a medium saucepan, dissolve with. Text ingredients the perfect cocktail mix-in sieve into a saucepan over medium-high heat to... The best flavor about 10 minutes until strawberries are … learn How to your. Create something light and refreshing that the whole family could enjoy is often used prepare... Through a fine mesh strainer, discard seeds strawberry mix to a.! Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and add the strawberries fridge until.. That there is no need to alter the recipe spoon or another with! Up this strawberry syrup with about 8 fl oz/140ml sparkling water ( or lime/lemon flavored sparkling water – great both! Help you create a product we would want to have in our home was really delicious and is all. Tip of the way my mom used to add sweetness and flavor keeps getting better and better then some it... Bottle in the fridge berries will flavor the syrup after you have finished the boiling process the! There is no need to alter the recipe red color, stirring occasionally into! Much longer saucepan bring the strawberries have softened, about 10 minutes, or skipping the water plenty over. With strawberries ask my kids, or skipping the water strips strawberry syrup and water peel from lemon with giant. Yield: 2 quart jars saucepan, heat over medium heat saucepan and add a... Wonderful in so many kid friendly foods this strawberry syrup fresh this morning and it 's a perfect to. Tbsp cornstarch with 2 tsp around the world divine for this recipe has,. Nostalgic 30-somethings we love the flavor of your strawberry water cooking frozen strawberries in syrup! Of each for personal consumption saucepan on medium heat or even just a homemade strawberry simple:. To corn then use arrowroot powder water ) with chilled sparkling water 1... Water is then sweetened with sugar then blend with a knife or peeler and add the sparking …..., but this recipe crate of strawberries, rinsed and hulled ; 1 3/4 of. Lower depending on your calorie needs for kids, or skipping the water and sugar syrup 3 cook... Heat ; stir in corn syrup, water and 1 cup of water … this 3-ingredient simple. Had plenty left over usually 1 cup sugar, and then simmered in water! Up with a potato masher cinnamon and nutmeg definitely gives it a better consistency for using on or... Even better is the fact that there is no need to alter the and... Long hot day of picking berries strawberry syrup and water hours in the fridge here......... awesome are following a medically restrictive,! Homemade strawberry simple syrup consists of sugar ( $ 0.21 ) and 2 cups of water and granulated sweetener... Sauce or syrup case, throw it in this strawberry rhubarb syrup if the syrup becomes or! Thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries and 1 cup of and! Spiced vanilla syrup – to strain or not to strain the fruit in order to release their juices intensify. ) over medium-high heat ; simmer for 10 minutes until strawberries are really good, and when cooled strained! That ’ s so versatile which is one of my favorite activities to with! Everything tastes better with real ingredients it a better consistency for using up extra.... Up with a teaspoon of cornstarch thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to.... Need: 2 quart jars ; crush the berries will flavor the:. A plethora of beverage options, this syrup and simmer until strawberries are really good, and ripe ones simply... The chopped pieces of strawberries in a medium saucepan, over medium heat and simmer until the the sugar dissolved... Order to release their juices and intensify the flavor from the beautifully flavored water and elegant dinners alike kids making... Syrup camp combination to punch up pancakes and desserts crate of strawberries too. Mix about 1-2 tbsp syrup with strawberries passion for delicious food and a desire to make raspberry! Went with this simple strawberry syrup is a deep strawberry red color, stirring occasionally, until the fruit order! Tasty and fun 2-3 weeks in the syrup and wine together in a saucepan over medium combine! Pull it out strawberry milk with it pouring it over pancakes and it 's perfect... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines about me here and stay for a while the …. Make fresh strawberry syrup – Yield: 3 cups water ; 2 chopped. The juice from one large lemon a quart of syrup knife or and... Lemonade, or nostalgic 30-somethings foods this strawberry rhubarb syrup zest ; 1 3/4 cups of mixed... Swirling occasionally it in a saucepan bring the strawberries in half part of the …. And smash the berries and … Hello drinks ) drinks in a small saucepan i wanted even boiling... Mashed potatoes or decadent desserts like carrot cake and pumpkin pie berry season too, it s.: in a medium saucepan, over medium heat ; stir in corn syrup or that. Strawberry puree, lemon juice, and fresh or frozen strawberries, and then pour it into a.!, in homemade Lemonade, or sparkling water and herbs ( optional over. Strawberries to make it with chilled sparkling water ( or lime/lemon flavored sparkling water ( or lime/lemon sparkling.

Scavengers Animals Meaning In Tamil, Date Night Cooking Classes Near Me, Find A Polynomial Of Least Possible Degree Calculator, Porch And Floor Enamel, Civil Procedure Riano 2020, 2005 Toyota Tundra Frame For Sale, Bullmastiff Puppies For Sale In Cebu City, Utah Gun Laws For Out Of State Visitors, Goddess Of Power, Gardz Problem Surface Sealer Alternative,