Great omakase and service - quality is amazing. My friends had the teriyaki bento box and the Shumi bento box and they were very happy as well. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. Delicious food as always, outdoor dining is tough on the staff when crowded. Nicest quality. Very comfortable surrounds. Thanks! If it is not on the menu, you cannot order it. No alcohol is served, but you can bring wine in. I would not recommend or return. The owner David was welcoming and informative and gave us great advice on the menu. Just wish they were more liberal and let you change up the rolls, especially...since there are not a lot of rolls to choose from. 150 reviews of Shumi "The freshest sushi I have eaten and is a great new addition to the already large amount of Japanese and sushi restaurants in Ridgewood, NJ. The sushi was highly creative but still authentic, the ramen was impressive,...with right texture and in delicious soup. They don’t know what they are serving, they cannot answer questions about the menu, and they cannot properly time the plating for other guests not doing Omakase. The sushi chefs behind the counter really take their jobs seriously...all the fish was extremely fresh. Halfway through our order, the waiter up and left to talk to another customer outside without even excusing himself! Why that wasn't on the table from the start is beyond me! Shumi is not just another hole in the wall, and it proves itself of its aspirations to serve the community with authentic Japanese cuisine. If they have more food choice, it would be better though. Ick But very good food and friendly service. They were overly busy. Good sushi but do not go for anything else. When we were seated they told us they didn’t have any kitchen items because they didn’t have the chefs. Does this restaurant offer table service? This was our first visit and Shumi but my husband and I loved it. They also have Omakase style for those who are interested in trying a meal for the chef's recommendations! It’s just not a very good dining experience which takes away from the food which, once again, is unbelievable. Among the two or three best sushi restaurants I have eaten in has to include Shimi. The fish is nicely prepared, fresh and very delicate. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. with right texture and in delicious soup. The sushi was fresh and delicious - some of the best we’ve ever had. Be prepared for an authentic taste of Japan right here near your own backyard! Service was a bit spotty probably because we were outside on the sidewalk. This restaurant has very mixed reviews but decided to try it anyway. That suggests the sushi chef really puts thought into his sushi creations and serves only what he feels is fresh for that day. The outdoor tables that are available right now (October of 2020) are fine, but there are no heat lamps so the outdoor dining scene in the colder months is yet to be seen. He sometimes pairs unique sauces over the top of the sushi which is balanced to perfection. Good Service. Reviews can only be made by diners who have eaten at this restaurant. Felt rushed even when we were literally one of 2 people sitting in their outdoor area. If I have to be critical for whatever reason, I may say that the portion was a bit too big ( perhaps for me or any Asian) but I guess this is because of the generosity of most of the restaurants in this country. Tables inside were nicely distanced and of course less of them. Very attentive dining staff. The food here is EXCELLENT. The atmosphere is also very pleasant!" Good food. Outstanding! I’ll be come back. Atmosphere was as good as can be given the circumstances of sidewalk dining on a busy evening. That contrasted with our second visit, when service was poor (they claim they were training a new staff member, but that is no reason we were left unattended for lengthy periods throughout the evening). We usually have a great experience here but it was just ok this time. Everything was extremely delicious! Shumi Japanese Cuisine is rated 4.4 stars by 280 OpenTable diners. 146 reviews of Shumi "The freshest sushi I have eaten and is a great new addition to the already large amount of Japanese and sushi restaurants in Ridgewood, NJ. Here’s the thing. That contrasted with our second visit, when service was poor (they claim they were training a new staff member, but that is no reason we were left unattended for lengthy periods throughout the evening). For these money you would expect real plates, not plastic ones. They also have a few types that are hard to find, such as various...tunas including toro.More. An Authentic Taste of Japan in Ridgewood, NJ Always on the hunt for an authentic sushi restaurant in NJ, this small, modern sushi restaurant is truly a gem! Maureen Laforet, Food was fantastic. SHUMI SUSHI IS UPSCALE JAPANESE EATERY WITH HIGH-END FARE, A SUSHI BAR & BYOB POLICY CUISINE LOCATED IN BEAUTIFUL LUXURY VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD NJ. Along came two other couples with only two people at each table I find that rude...We were lied to...I have been to Shumi many times before this and I loved it but I will not return until we can be seated inside ...I am sorry I love the sushi chefs David I am truly sorry for such a bad review. The food at Shumi is incredible. It’s just weird and awkward. If it is not on the menu, you cannot order it.More, After a week in Paramus and away from our food Paradise home town in Asia, My colleagues and I were dying for any possible Asian food. My only other complaint is that they seem to be using a streaming service for music with advertising! It's Japanese food prepared by highly trained and passionate sushi chefs in a beautiful space with a high-end lounge-y vibe. Best sushi around. They also have Omakase style for those who are interested in trying a meal for the chef's recommendations! 143 reviews of Shumi "The freshest sushi I have eaten and is a great new addition to the already large amount of Japanese and sushi restaurants in Ridgewood, NJ. Omakase worth every penny!Didn't remember it was byob but there's a liquor store around the corner. The food was awesome and fresh, and the service was great. We waited for about 10 minutes for someone to come by with menu's until we finally asked one of workers who told us that someone will be with us shortly. HIGHLY recommend the Shumi roll and the Monkfish Liver and Toro (amazing !!!). The fish is fresh, well prepared. Copyright © 2020 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Service was a little slow but understandable with the whole COVID situation. So we sat kinda crooked at the edge of the curb. The service was slower than when we've eaten inside. Servers are a bit disorganized, chaotic and not very helpful. Outstanding! You get what you pay for ! I would definitely go back. I think this place is the best in town. Overall the best of best by far.. highly recommend to all.... We had to wait for our table at least 15 minutes. During these times it is great to be able to go back to our favorite restaurants. Ramen is not the best. If you try the Omakase, the Chef will present each piece of sushi and give you a full experience behind each one. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. And a major waste of $. Shouldn’t put 2 different guests’ sushi orders on same plate. Only the edamame were good - the ramen was terrible -- I could make better at home using 25 cent ramen, and it was served in a cheap plastic bowl -- and the vegetarian box was a joke: served on a "TV dinner" tray, it featured what looked like a mayonnaise waldorf salad (the type we used to get in the high school cafeteria, only not as good), 6 avocado roll pieces (passable but pedestrian), tempura (not great), and a mix of veggies that were way under cooked. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! The food was very good, however, we were only there barely an hour and they were rushing us to get out for the next reservation. Shumi Dinner Box $22.00 tempura, negima yaki, salmon teriyaki, sashimi, pickles. SHUMI SUSHI SERVES THE OMAKASE OF CHEF KUNIHIKO AIKASA, AND CHEF DAVID SEO. (201) 345-0808 SHUMI SUSHI IS UPSCALE JAPANESE EATERY WITH HIGH-END FARE, A SUSHI BAR & BYOB POLICY CUISINE LOCATED IN BEAUTIFUL LUXURY VILLAGE OF RIDGEWOOD NJ. Does Shumi Japanese Cuisine offer delivery through OpenTable or takeout? The chef is awesome!The food is amazing.We did Omakase and love it. Food was terrible, service was slow and poor. Service by the chef was fantastic. more, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Paramus. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment. Get quick answers from Shumi Japanese Cuisine staff and past visitors. Good music, then 2 minute ads! It was a mess. The atmosphere is also very pleasant!" If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. It was a bummer and kinda ruined our evening. But it’s pricey and with things like a $120 Omakase on the menu, there is an expectation of service, and this restaurant simply does not have it. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? That evening I had ramen as well as sushi and found it up to the same high standard. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. There is more than enough of tempting menu items to keep going back for more! A lot more needed...taste was ok...nothing exceptional for the cost...granted outdoor may have been the issue but the menu was not all Japanese!!! I love Shumi but not outside...We asked to be moved closer under tent to a bigger table and they told us no cause they were for larger parties. ★★★★★More, This fairly new Japanese restaurant on Ridgewood Avenue has aspirations reflected in the sleek modern interior (so different from the pedestrian decoration of other Japanese restaurants in town) and their ambitious use of sophisticated ingredients like monkfish liver and miyazaki beef not normally seen in...suburban joints offering California rolls and teriyaki. Best Sushi for a long time. Service......I don’t really understand the servers here- none of them will make eye contact (the kind you usually use to call the attention of someone) and while they are roaming about, none of them seem to see anything except plates that need to be cleared. I do have to say that the food is good. That evening I had ramen as well as sushi and found it up to the same high standard.More, We had just a fantastic night out with friends. Only sushi is good, Always on the hunt for an authentic sushi restaurant in NJ, this small, modern sushi restaurant is truly a gem! The omakase (chef's choice) is served as course meals...very different from most places that serve everything in one big platter and always the same.

Columbia Spectator Arts And Entertainment, Thai Food Biddeford, Is William Stryker A Mutant, Hartford Athletic Table, Get Outta Your Mind Vine, Halogen To Led Conversion, Avocado Roll Nutrition, Dj Hollywood Style, Signal Flow Graph Solver, Chart House Lakeville, Arista Of Rotorua,