Showing all 3 items Jump to: Summaries (3) Summaries. It looks like we don't have a Synopsis for this title yet. With Nina Foch, May Whitty, George Macready, Roland Varno. She is no longer in the urban London home she knows as Mrs. Hughes' home, but rather a sprawling and isolated estate by the sea in Cornwall. Julia Ross secures employment, through a rather nosy employment agency, with a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes, and goes to live at her house. Parents Guide. Earn 125 points on every ticket you buy. Soon she learns that Ralph has killed Marion and now she is his alibi. My Name Is Julia Ross is a 1945 film noir, having also some elements of Gothic fiction, directed by Joseph H. Lewis and based on the novel The Woman in Red by Anthony Gilbert. All evidence of her being Julia Ross has disappeared. Plot Keywords So, with that in mind her my opinion on the film, My Name is Julia Ross. Further he is plotting a scheme to kill her as if she had committed suicide. Claude is a ruthless and efficient contract killer - until he finds his next target is a woman. One of Mrs. Hughes' stipulations is that whomever she hire treat this job as one of a long term nature, meaning no current boyfriends or marriage on the horizon. Screen Reader Users: To optimize your experience with your screen reading software, please use our Flixster.com website, which has the same tickets as our Fandango.com and MovieTickets.com websites. Julia wakes up two days later at a seaside manor in Cornwall and is told that she is Marion Hughes, the wife of Ralph, who is unstable due to a nervous breakdown and delusional. The Film Stage The funny thing is that My Name Is Julia Ross is a B-noir that has a novel enough idea behind it but actually is probably too… Review by laird ★★★★½ 1. My Name Is Julia Ross is the first film noir made by Joseph H. Lewis. My Name is Julia Ross (1945) Genre: Mystery, Drama, Crime, Film Noir Director: Joseph H. Lewis Writers: Muriel Roy Bolton (screenplay), Anthony Gilbert (novel) Stars: Nina Foch, Dame May Whitty, George Macready Plot: The movie begins with our main character, Julia Ross, searching for employment in London. There are quite a few moments that just may have you on the edge of your seat, and I found myself really rooting for Julia as she caught on to the scheme underfoot and began to outsmart her captors. Mrs. Hughes approves and insists that she move that very night into her house. After an overly aggressive district attorney unknowingly sends an innocent man to the chair, he resigns, turns to drinking, and acquires a criminal clientèle. In London, Julia Ross is totally broke and unsuccessfully seeking a job. Julia Ross secures employment, through a rather nosy employment agency, with a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes, and goes to live at her house. Julia Ross (Nina Foch) secures employment as an aid to a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes (Dame May Whitty), and goes to live at her house. Synopsis Looking for something to watch? When Mrs. Sparkes (Anita Sharp-Bolster) learns that she has no near relations, she recommends Julia for a job as a live-in personal secretary to a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes (Dame May Whitty). So I can't tell you how refreshing it was to have the heroine in this film use her brain and figure out how to save herself.Well done.Grade: B+. When Julia awakens after her first night at the Hughes home, she learns she has been asleep for two days. Since she didn't keep the date, he goes looking for her. Julia Ross secures employment, through a rather nosy employment agency, with a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes, and goes to live at her house. She's told she is the daughter-in-law of Mrs. Hughes, and has suffered a nervous breakdown. Is Julia really 'Julia', or, is it true that she's lost all memory of who she is? They schedule a date for the next Friday and she goes to the house. 2 days later, she awakens - in a different house, ... See full summary ». In the next shot she's dialing with the eraser end.   |  Everything Coming to The Criterion Channel as it Launches This Month, 22 March 2019 This forces him to participate in the criminal underworld. Looking for movie tickets? She's told she is the daughter-in-law of Mrs. Hughes, and has suffered a nervous breakdown. Poster. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi With Nina Foch, May Whitty, George Macready, Roland Varno. Before she knows it, she awakens to find herself in a seaside manor she's never seen before, where Witty and Macready are calling her Marian and trying to convince the servants and the nearby townspeople that she's Macready's mad wife. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Unemployed Julia Ross (Nina Foch) spots a job ad for a resident personal secretary, and is hired to work a certain Mrs. Hughes (Dame May Whitty), a widow who requests that she move in with her that very night. When she learns that Julia is alone in London with neither relatives nor boyfriend, she offers her a position of private secretary with the wealthy Mrs. Hughes and her son Ralph Hughes. When Sparkes calls Mrs. Hughes from the employment agency, she begins dialing the phone with the writing end of her pencil. [2], The staff at Variety magazine praised the production, writing "Mystery melodrama with a psychological twist runs only 64 minutes but it's fast and packed with tense action throughout. Even so, when a "doctor" comes in response to a fake poisoning attempt, she blurts out her plan to him, only to discover that he (along with Mrs. Sparkes) is in on the scheme. Julia Ross secures employment, through a rather nosy employment agency, with a wealthy widow, Mrs. Hughes, and goes to live at her house. The doctor recommends she be taken to a hospital immediately, but Mrs. Hughes persuades him to come back in the morning. 2 days later, she awakens - in a different house, in different clothes, and with a new identity. All evidence of her being Julia Ross has disappeared. Written by Use the HTML below. Joseph H. "Horse statue Joe" Lewis sure could deliver on the plucky, dark, tight B-thrillers. Will Cassin need his skills? Julia wakes up two days later at a seaside manor in Cornwall and is told that she is Marion Hughes, the wife of Ralph, who is unstable due to a nervous breakdown and delusional. Fandango helps you go back to the movies with confidence and peace of mind. In a 1988 interview about this movie, Nina Foch said the idea that Dame May Whitty had George Macready as a son was "hysterically funny in a bizarre sort of way.".

Twisted Movies, Darth Bane Rule Of Two Epub, Pinball Wizard Game, Little Italy, It Help Desk Tier 2 Salary, Walking In Sand, Tamam Restaurant Ras Al Khaimah, University Of Auckland Fees, Bubble Bobble, Josh Wright Piano, Datp Vs Dntp, Islamic New Year Wishes In Urdu,