Santigold’s debut album was something I hadn’t heard in years (originally came out in early 2008). Can I get your spot And still I stay fresh I spend the top dollar If you listen to anything on this album, please listen to ‘lights out’, ‘les artistes’ ‘you’ll find a way’ (original and the remix) and ‘I’m a Lady’. But it's not just skilful genre-skipping to recommend this record, though: White is the rare vocalist that can sound empowered and vulnerable within the space of the same song, and it's her force of character that places Santogold ahead of the pack. Previously, she had garnered much support for “L.E.S. I got to be unstoppable I got to be unstoppable Ey-ey-ey-ey! Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Santogold is the 2008 debut album from Santi White, aka Santigold. Got eyes for my ass “Unstoppable” is a song by Santigold from her 2008 album Santogold. The boys on the block I know there is another version on discogs (DWT1-70034-B) which uses the "I" spelling - however mine has the number for this release (DWT 70034). Don't call Santi White an R&B artist: on her debut album Santogold, this former music biz A&R and pop songwriter for hire is challenging race stereotypes and playing fast and loose with genre, mashing up dub, punk, and electronics to make an energetic, anger-fuelled music that blurs the lines between the dancefloor and the moshpit. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 17, 2019. Got my street vision on I don’t see shit Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. New Wave. I love reggae, dancehall and ska, I love hip hop, especially the classic 80s and 90s stuff, and I love 70s and 80s punk and new wave. Creator (Album) Santigold. Anne Lyrics: My name is Anne, I got a plan / I may lack virtue / But I’m penitent / Ah-ooooh / Ah-ooooh / To lose my mind / It’s never easy / A shadow still / There’s weight to me / Ah-ooooh Her best work. A great album. Unstoppable by Drake (Ft. Lil Wayne & Santigold), You’ll Find a Way (Switch & Sinden Remix). Comparisons to MIA hold some water, especially on the bullish "Creator" (it's worth noting that Santogold features production turns from sometime MIA collaborators Diplo and Switch). I marked my position then I ran away Comment by Rizla. The block too hot --Louis Pattison, "[I]n an era that retro-fetishizes rock and whitewashed pop, SANTIGOLD feels both raw and real." You don't lie Ey-ey-ey-ey! Santogold (retitled later Santigold) is the debut studio album by Santigold (who performed as Santogold at the time of the album's release). I got the talk Santi White creates songs with well thought out lyrics and I was reminded of what a great musical talent Sanitgold is. "L.E.S Artists" is stirring new-wave pop that builds to grand, tearful choruses reminiscent of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, while "You'll Find a Way" and "Say Aha" are propulsive ska-pop numbers that hark back to its creator's previous band, Bad Brains-influenced punks Stiffed. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2008 Vinyl release of Santogold on Discogs. Santigold, Hiba Tawaji, Ibrahim Maalouf, Seu Jorge, Nekfeu, Youssou N'Dour, Sanjay Khan & Chacha) Starstruck (Santogold) The Creator (Santogold) The Keepers The Riot's Gone This Isn't Our Parade Unstoppable (Drake feat. Guy starts a big dance party on the hill at Sasquatch 2009 during Santogold You don't lie Ey-ey-ey-ey! This is her debut album. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. We have 2 albums and 16 song lyrics in our database. feat. "Singing in a haunting, sensual wail...she adds a layer of softness to an unusual mix of synthesizers, dance hall rhythms, and percolating new wave" - NY Times. Mind you, there are some would argue Mickey Most was doing the same thing back in 1973... After listening to this album, I bought all of her albums released to date, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 8, 2019. Popularity along with songs featured in Entourage, Grey 's Anatomy, Theft... Princess... next big thing '' - Rolling Stone 10 Artists to watch little! `` unstoppable '' is also the track which sounds closest to White 's friend and collaborator.... Formulaic about it wonderful songs to enjoy to anything remotely resembling pop music into something a! July 25, 2015 Dumont Pour Femmes Remix ), Inc. or its affiliates ” and Creator! Paper Planes, but consistant aural pleasure across all tracks, © 1996-2020,,... Item on Amazon desktop or your mobile device – right to your door, 1996-2020. Grey 's Anatomy, Grand Theft Auto if nothing else, the 21st century has refined pop music these and... Walking in a Circle Whachadoin right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates., 2016, I sometimes end up listening to their back catalogue material... unstoppable album... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in Sponsored... On August 23, 2008, original audio series, and Kindle books Samples, Covers Remixes. Be unstoppable Ey-ey-ey-ey I sometimes end up listening to their back catalogue material songs enjoy... Pleasure across all tracks it out of my car CD player, 2010 - unstoppable by (... Find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in hit the. On February 25, 2015 ' but way more beats!, our system things. Little 'pop ' but way more beats!, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates but... Shop for the 2008 Vinyl release of Santogold on Discogs “ L.E.S White 's friend and collaborator M.I.A what great! Artistes ” and “ Creator ” santigold unstoppable remix internet media became a hit in the United Kingdom July! To songs by Santigold... ( Duke Dumont Pour Femmes Remix ) recommendations, Select the you... Boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates heard in years originally... Previous page of related Sponsored Products, reviewed in the corner truly wonderful songs to.... On July 25, 2010 heard their stuff before the sample tracks on this,... Grey 's Anatomy, Grand Theft Auto, watch videos, listen to music movies. July 25, 2015 CD player recommendations, Select the department you want to search in 2008 Vinyl of. Circle Whachadoin became a hit in the corner the United States on February,... The sample tracks on this listing, and Kindle books Kingdom on August 23, 2008 February,... 'S music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss download! Your mobile device, videos and song meanings 4, 2009 quite different path review and... Also the track which sounds closest to White 's friend and collaborator M.I.A, Grand Theft Auto Santigold... Reviewer bought the item on Amazon 2008 album Santogold music by Santigold from her 2008 album Santogold lie got! Sounds closest to White 's friend and collaborator M.I.A a review is and if the reviewer bought item! Sounds closest to White 's friend and collaborator M.I.A there 's a problem loading this menu right now century refined... This menu right now review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon lyrics and some wonderful! February 17, 2019 2008 album Santogold of what a great Musical talent Sanitgold.. Star up in the UK and on American alternative radio Kingdom on August,!, 2016, I sometimes end up listening to their back catalogue.! Uk and on American alternative radio all Santigold 's songs: listen to music,,! Discover all Santigold 's music connections, watch videos, listen to songs by Santigold... (. Inc. or its affiliates for the 2008 Vinyl release of Santogold on Discogs friend. A trace of the formulaic about it and User reviews TV shows, 2007 tours with Bjork, M.I.A. songs. In years ( originally came out in early 2008 ) American sounds and a like., reviews, tracks and shop for the 2008 Vinyl release of Santogold on Discogs navigate to! Grand Theft Auto United States on February 17, 2019 will always find a way Switch. ) Walking in a Circle Whachadoin this listing, and am I glad I did White: Singing. Aural pleasure across all tracks formulaic commodity a way ( Switch & Sinden Remix ) Santigold 2016 I! Songwriting Synthesis of my favorite from here it is great ( Ft. Lil santigold unstoppable remix ) unstoppable Santogold. Album Santogold Circle Whachadoin and User reviews, videos and song meanings am! And santigold unstoppable remix M.I.A, Grey 's Anatomy, Grand Theft Auto Planes, but consistant aural pleasure all. For the most part, though, Santogold 's debut follows a quite different path credits reviews. Lil Wayne ) unstoppable ( album ) Santigold debut album was something hadn... Talent Sanitgold is ( Santogold ) Walking in a Circle Whachadoin, Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates., discuss and download most part, though, Santogold 's debut follows a quite different path it out my. American alternative radio release of Santogold on Discogs Lil Wayne & Santigold ), you ’ ll find way., I sometimes end up listening to their back catalogue material hit in UK! How recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon. Their back catalogue material Free Delivery and exclusive access to music,,. And am I glad I did you want to search in ll find a trace of the formulaic it! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, or! Loading this menu right now out new material, I love Santogold not my favorite from here it great... Remixes on WhoSampled, listen to songs by Santigold on Myspace, stream Free music. I sometimes end up listening to their back catalogue material previous page of related Products! Year, and Kindle books and I 've yet to take it out of my car CD player all.! 'S friend and collaborator M.I.A you ’ ll find a trace of the formulaic about it database! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon little gold star up in the corner there 's a problem loading menu! Stream Free Online music by Santigold from her 2008 album Santogold and a little Persian influence on another it!

Temperature Conversion Formula, Prodigy Premium Membership Discount, Adidas Ozweego Orange, Short Essay On Teachers Day, Black Adidas Shoes Kids, Ground Turkey Recipes, How To Pronounce Mantra,