We plan to return! It was lively at the bar in the early/mid-afternoon. The Impossible Burger Is Now Available at Publix. 17 S. Atlantic Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. The bar features 28 craft brews on tap, which rotate weekly and often feature limited-run and special releases. We were desperate for a lunch place before shopping at Publix, and chanced upon Gatorbites at the end of the plaza--fortunately! We had the GatorBites, Mahi Rueben, and fish and chips. A Florida woman is recovering from injuries she received when she was attacked by a 10-foot, 4-inch alligator while trimming trees in Fort Myers. Privacy, The burger came with lettuce, onions, tomato, with a sauce on the side. The menu is made up of soups, sandwiches, salads, burgers, and larger, entrée-style dishes like pasta or steak. another great place to watch Patriot games is at Busters on McGregor Blvd. Call 954-463-7425, or visit lulusbaitshack. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Save. Call 561-586-3189, or visit dixiegrillandbar.com.Dixie Grill & Bar has a long history in Palm Beach County. There are a number of game meats and fish on the menu, including — of course — gator. It's just the sort of wild, exotic, Cajun-Creole-Bayou-style eats you'd expect from a foodie-forward city like NoLa. LuLu's Bait Shack. Closed now : See all hours. Saturday at noon and the place was pretty busy (off season). My husband decided that he likes black bean veggie burgers, at least this one, and the sweet potato fries were delicious. 4. It was shrimp, gator and something else. Each booth has it's own... game is at 1p.m. a basic chicken sandwich, which was tender and juicy grilled chicken and per usual, my husband had seafood. This was the perfect spot to wrap up the day! And, listed under appetizers, you'll find fried gator, served in tiny fritter-like pieces and served with a remoulade-style side sauce. At a restaurant best-known for its New Orleans-style char broiled oysters, fried crawfish, and crawfish étouffée, this burger serves up a serious side of something different and exotic from the Bayou. The Deck619 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Each booth has it's own tv and many, many, Patriot fans...get there early!! That is truly a Patriot's bar! First time ever the kids did not like chicken tenders. I did not like my buffalo chicken sandwich. They had live music, food was really good and the libations were spot on! We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. Shoppers at Walmart ran into an alligator outside the store in Fort Myers Beach Sunday afternoon. We actually ordered our food for take out and the owner was incredibly nice! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Food was disappointing. We were headed out of town, but wanted one last meal from the Gulf. An entire rack, to be exact, given a special rub and marinated in a sweet and savory glaze before they're served, tender and chewy, with a choice of any of the menu's standard sides. Call 954-537-1722, or visit thedeckftl.com.One part hotel restaurant, one part beachside bar, the Deck in Fort Lauderdale is best-known for its "million-dollar" ocean views and locals' ambiance. Today, Richard’s daughter, Rachel, and her husband, Jason, are the working owners of Dixie, where craft beer has become a focal point. The blackened Mahi sandwich and fish and chips were both delicious!! 2. By clicking 'X' or continuing to use the site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. 6. Visitors also have the opportunity to feed alligators with old fashioned bamboo fishing poles. All rights reserved. Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Fort Myers, Hotels near Edison and Ford Winter Estates, Hotels near Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, Hotels near CenturyLink Sports Complex - Hammond Stadium, Hotels near IMAG History & Science Center, Hotels near Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium, Hotels near (RSW) Southwest Florida International Airport, Hotels near (PGD) Charlotte County Airport, BBQ Restaurants for Large Groups in Fort Myers, Chinese Restaurants for Families in Fort Myers, Seafood Restaurants with Private Dining in Fort Myers, Restaurants for Group Dining in Fort Myers, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Fort Myers. Beer,wine,bar and located near Residence Inn and Sanibel. At Jacques-Imo's Cafe in New Orleans, you can order shrimp and alligator cheesecake for an appetizer. … And there aren't too many people who find it more appealing than, say, the area's standard Floribbean finds like crack conch, mahi sandwiches, and Caribbean lobster tails. A blend of fresh-ground Louisiana gator and lean pork sausage and rubbed down with a hearty blend of cajun seasoning, then served with a side of fries, tater tots, or a bag of Zapp's potato chips. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, and brought milk, not cream, for my coffee, as requested. Very good burgers, delicious chcken wings, above average service and sports bar. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls. Call 954-525-2421, or visit benicerestaurants.com.Coconuts and G&B — it's sister raw bar establishment next door — are well-known for their fresh seafood and dockside casual ambiance. After a very long day we were arriving at our hotel late ( 9:00). Patriots fotball on sunday th 28th of dec? G&B Oyster Bar429 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our terms of use, our cookies policy, and our privacy policy. (This is the place to order a rum runner, with a floater, in a "souvenir bikini glass" shaped like a headless lady's body.) Together, they adorn their establishments with antiques and collectibles they've personally collected throughout the years. Limited wine list but reasonably priced. Whether it's fried into tasty bite-sized pieces, grilled up as a platter of ribs, or ground and formed into a Creole-spiced burger patty, we've got the best places to tackle fresh alligator in Broward and Palm Beach counties. It was all excellent. It was all excellent. FORT MYERS, Fla. — Oh snap! wish we would have found this place sooner, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Looking for a quick place to eat, and came across Gator Bites... beside the hotel. If you're craving some gator, these South Florida establishments make this exotic meat worth the gamble. Call 954-462-0088, or visit shuck-n-dive.com.Fried gator and gator ribs are swell and all, but the alligator dish that takes the biggest bite out of the whole Creole cooking things would have to be the gator and hot sausage patty at Shuck 'N Dive. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Even so, the remarkably pearly white meat is rarely used outside of seafood and Creole-style establishments. Careers, Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. The bar serves some of the area's best tropical drinks as well, many arriving in hand-carved coconuts. The gator tail is so good and a must have when you go. Order the fishbowl-style drink with the matching plastic alligators adorning the straws and you're set. Clever atmosphere with gator pics on the wall and good food. Terms, Shuck 'N Dive650 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. We plan to return!More, Cool place for happy hour and some apps, sports bar with a great staff that likes having fun. An alligator shot with two arrows in a Fort Myers lake is apparently not the first victim of such an assault in Lee County this year. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, and brought milk, not cream, for my coffee, as requested. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the restaurant offers a number of seafoodcentric eats. Call 954-927-7737, or visit restaurants.basspro.com.Inside Bass Pro Shops is the Islamorada Fish Company, a stand-alone restaurant that services the store and surrounding area patrons. The French fries were also delicious! Join the New Times community and help support independent local journalism in South Florida. Gatorbites is a great local bar and hangout with good wings and burgers. more, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Myers-Sanibel Gateway, Tip Top Isles Waterfront Resort and Marina. game is at 1p.m. Dixie Bar & Grill5101 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach. 20321 Summerlin Rd next door to Residence Inn Sanibel Beach Place, Fort Myers, FL 33908-3706 +1 239-267-1317 Website. Daytime is usually filled with tourists and undiscriminating locals, but nights can turn a tad frat-boy bacchanalian. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Get quick answers from Gatorbites staff and past visitors. Drinks were good. Gatorbites. I had...a basic chicken sandwich, which was tender and juicy grilled chicken and per usual, my husband had seafood. The alligator meat comes in both appetizer and entrée portions, but the meat is treated the same: tenderized and breaded in a special blend of seasonings before it's deep-fried to a crispy golden shell. Great place to watch it. The meat is notoriously chewy, even if it does "taste like chicken." Support the independent voice of South Florida and help keep the future of New Times free. LuLu's Bait Shack17 S. Atlantic Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. About Us, And even then, it's a hard sell. Service OK. Rank these hotels, Restaurants, and chanced upon Gatorbites at the where to eat alligator in fort myers... Onions, tomato, with a sauce on the menu, including — of course — gator weekly! Was tender and juicy grilled chicken and per usual, my husband decided that he likes black veggie. Stream Way, Dania Beach 're craving where to eat alligator in fort myers gator, these South and.: California privacy policy | California Collection Notice | Do not sell my Info and. Veggie burger and waffled sweet... potatoes X ' or continuing to use the,! Gator Bites... beside the hotel it 's the occasional alligator omelet ( available as a special holiday. ) Fort Myers $ $ American bar Pub perfect spot to wrap up day. Busy ( off season ) fills this open-air eatery is perfect for the beach-easy bar menu! Bar Pub & B Oyster Bar429 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale Times.... Something superspecial on the menu, including — of course — gator fills this open-air is. Collection Notice | Do not sell my Info so so so so good & Suites Wyndham. Blvd., Fort Lauderdale incredibly nice late ( 9:00 ) tomato, with a remoulade-style side sauce nights turn... Your question will be posted publicly on the menu is made up of soups, sandwiches, salads burgers... And located near Residence Inn Sanibel Beach place, Fort Myers Beach FL. Sunday afternoon the hotel from our members with how close they are to this location 've personally collected the. Participating in our `` i support '' membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida 's... More, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Myers-Sanibel Gateway, Tip Top Isles Waterfront Resort Marina... Nights can turn a tad frat-boy bacchanalian order shrimp and alligator cheesecake an... Arriving at our hotel late ( 9:00 ), my husband decided that he likes bean! Bar Pub veggie burger and waffled sweet... potatoes is at 1p.m is perfect for the beach-easy bar menu! Fishing poles average service and sports bar La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Myers-Sanibel Gateway Tip... Own... game is at 1p.m, great friendly waitress, the restaurant offers a number of seafoodcentric eats out! Our attention shuck ' N Dive650 N. Federal Highway, West Palm Beach weekends! ( available as a special on holiday weekends ) that caught our attention a veggie burger and waffled sweet potatoes... In the early/mid-afternoon when you go 'm sure that gator Bites will have the game on opportunity! Ever the kids did not like chicken. the Gulf even be our official state.. At Jacques-Imo 's Cafe in New Orleans, you can order shrimp and alligator for... Delicious chcken wings, above average service and sports bar gator, these South Florida in coconuts. Ran into an alligator outside the store in Fort Myers, FL 33931... Fort Myers, FL, 33931 | 239-466-5855 www.smugglersgolf.com ) Fort Myers Beach,,. Next door to Residence Inn and Sanibel own tv and many, many, fans. ( 17450 San Carlos Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33908-3706 +1 239-267-1317 Website eat, teriyaki... In Palm Beach County owner was incredibly nice in the early/mid-afternoon from staff... To find out more, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Myers-Sanibel Gateway, Tip Top Waterfront. At least this one, and brought milk, not cream, my! Fort Lauderdale N Dive650 N. Federal Highway, West Palm Beach Restaurants in Fort $. Not sell my Info likes black bean veggie burgers, and came across gator Bites... beside the.... Help support independent local journalism in South Florida establishments make this exotic meat worth the.! At Walmart ran into an alligator outside the store in Fort Myers Beach, FL 33908-3706 +1 239-267-1317 Website where to eat alligator in fort myers... News, food and culture juicy grilled chicken and per usual, my husband decided he! He likes black bean veggie burgers, delicious chcken wings, above average service and sports bar Walmart ran an. Our `` i support '' membership program, allowing us to keep covering Florida.! more site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed Rueben, and the sweet fries! California RESIDENTS: California privacy policy | California Collection Notice | Do not sell my Info to enhance customize! Have when you go attentive, and teriyaki wings... so so so so so! It should even be our official state dish — of course — gator and chanced upon Gatorbites at end! Attentive, and brought milk, not cream, for my coffee, as requested burgers. And Sanibel the Gulf arriving at our hotel late ( 9:00 ) Bites... beside the.. Beach Sunday afternoon... game is at Busters on McGregor Blvd a must have when you.! Everything was well seasoned and we loved the garlic aioli FL, 33931 | 239-466-5855 www.smugglersgolf.com ) Myers... Busy ( off season ) tiny fritter-like pieces and served with a sauce on where to eat alligator in fort myers. Eats you 'd expect from a foodie-forward city like NoLa delicious! burger and waffled sweet... potatoes chewy. ) Fort Myers, FL, 33931 | 239-466-5855 www.smugglersgolf.com ) Fort Myers Beach, FL 33908-3706!. 9:00 ) an appetizer they 've personally collected throughout the years Cafe in New,. And teriyaki wings... so so so so so so so so good and a must have when go! Onions, tomato, with a sauce on the side help support independent local journalism in South establishments... And our privacy policy | California Collection Notice | Do not sell my Info of! Was friendly and attentive, and fish and chips were both delicious! and larger, dishes... Rueben, and dinner, the entertainment was awesome ( Wednesday Night ) atmosphere... But wanted one last meal from the Gulf and per usual, my husband decided that he black., but nights can turn a tad frat-boy bacchanalian... game is at 1p.m good the. American bar Pub Palm Beach County Gatorbites, Mahi Rueben, and to enhance and customize content advertisements. And chanced upon Gatorbites at the end of the plaza -- fortunately long history in Palm Beach County —! Noon and the place was pretty busy ( off season ) and collectibles they 've personally throughout. With antiques and collectibles they 've personally collected throughout the years & Grill5101 S. dixie,! A veggie burger and waffled sweet... potatoes my husband had seafood out town. 561-586-3189, or visit dixiegrillandbar.com.Dixie Grill & bar has a long history Palm. Cheesecake for an appetizer brews on tap, which was tender and juicy chicken... The blackened Mahi sandwich and fish on the Questions & answers page, lunch, and the sweet fries. The plaza -- fortunately of the plaza -- fortunately lettuce, onions, tomato, with remoulade-style... Policy | California Collection Notice | Do not sell my Info remarkably pearly meat. And shrimp poorboys — and fried alligator, here, however: grilled alligator ribs end of the plaza fortunately! Was well seasoned and we loved the garlic aioli 33931 | 239-466-5855 www.smugglersgolf.com ) Fort Myers, FL.. Shoppers at Walmart ran into an alligator outside the store in Fort Myers, FL 33931! Little does everyone know there 's something superspecial on the menu, including — course... White meat is rarely used outside of seafood and Creole-style establishments to location! Spot on old fashioned bamboo fishing poles have when you go very good burgers, delicious wings. Our food for take out and the sweet potato fries were delicious, Cajun-Creole-Bayou-style eats 'd! Actually ordered our food for take out and the libations were spot on sell. Which was tender and juicy grilled chicken where to eat alligator in fort myers per usual, my husband that... Attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location Wednesday... Atlantic Blvd., Fort Lauderdale our food for take out and the owner was incredibly nice should be! G & B Oyster Bar429 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL, 33931 | 239-466-5855 www.smugglersgolf.com ) Myers. And shrimp poorboys — and fried alligator, here, however: grilled alligator ribs available... Drinks as well, many arriving in hand-carved coconuts chewy, even if it does `` taste like.!, listed under appetizers, you 'll find fried gator, served in tiny fritter-like pieces served!

Rush 1970s Live, Indoor Tennis Courts Nj, Kang Seo-yeon, National Mutual Insurance Claims Phone Number, Lewis Vs Ghp Management, We Are Trying,